Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I lived in the western world for decades and saw the world through a filter designed to make Westerners feel superior to others. The greatest day of my life was when the filter was removed and I encountered the other half. Truly, I was a child until that day. I began to experience a world where religion wasn't an add-on, and cultures that placed higher values on family than I had every imagined.
I am a basic person, fascinated with family, faith and food. I dream of the world I see in Star Trek. I dream of a brighter tomorrow when humanity will learn that is better to help one another than hang each other. More to come... More on my passions...

3 comments:

  1. How true, as a recent resident of the Philippines after living in America for 57 years, there is a tendency to feel superior. Thankfully, those blinders have been removed from me since my arrival here. My eyes have been opened to more of God's grace, and the majority of people here, regardless of their situation, make the best of their lot in life and smile about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your philosophy. Yes, as an American that has recently moved to the Philippines, I had such a filter, and thankfully it has been removed since I have been here. Hope to see future blog entries on your thoughts and passions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is an eye opener to travel isn't it Great post! Just keep writing. I think your good at it!

    Travel just does something to you. It will change you forever. You know, I really appreciate Dave. He makes sure he comments on others blogs to encourage them.. You can earn a lot from him...

    ReplyDelete