Monday, September 14, 2015

Move over Nigeria! SnakeOil Salesmen Ahead!

We were offered a free dinner for listening to a sales presentation. We were shuttled to Wyndham Suites. They took our passports for ID & trolled social media for ways to create the perfect sales pitch.

We were introduced to salesperson Jose. They got that name from Facebook. After a tour .& excellent sales tactics I was pressured to sign up.
I played my card, "I really want to, but I have a scheduled 20000$ surgery, cant do it now". Jose responded with a 100% refund trial offer.

I said I was unsure & he said standby I'll get my manager. Knowing Dinah was from Philippines & Catholic he put us in the hands of another he introduced as Father Joe! For 103$ a month for 20 months we'd get free vacations. "Father Joe" told tales of how he lived in Philippines, taught at a famous Catholic university and lived in Amore Cavite! I played along right up to the edge and DECLINED!

The sad part is that Jose at his end replayed my truth "I know someone with prostate cancer...."! But the worst thing using some guy to pretend to be a Catholic priest! Worst than a Nigerian snake oil salesman! In all fairness I know some wonderful honest people from Nigeria, but these guys make the darker side of Nigerian society look honest.  BE AWARE!

No comments:

Post a Comment