Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Seven Years


On June 28, 2003 there was a joyous event. I was one of the stars, but I spent too much time worrying about the details and not enough time showing my happiness. We look back at the past seven years and wish we had SEVENTY SEVEN more years of the same.
Like all journeys, there are good times and bad times, but through it all there has been love and wonderful friends. Thanks be to God.




Now is time of celebration and praise. A time to look for forward to what adventures lie ahead. At our tenth anniversary, we plan to renew our vows and a have a joyous celebration, a proper Filipino wedding.
The weather was not that nice today so we stayed home and had a wonderful meal of palabok and baked chicken.
I married to be a part of a family and I thank the Lord for each one. I pause to thank God for my family, not just my wonderful wife and daughter, but the whole family pictured below at Dad's 50th anniversary, and all others. Thanks be to God.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!! That is so sweet of you to post your wedding photo!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the anniversary, Darveson! My wonderful Filipina wife and I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary this past January, and did the traditional Catholic wedding ceremony about six years ago. That was quite an experience!

    ReplyDelete