Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Today is Father's Day, a day set apart to honor fathers. Greetings to ALL FATHERS, may
your wife cook you a great meal, and your kids bless you. What else is important other
than food and family? Faith? Ok, gather the family at your favorite place of worship and give God thanks for His love, mercies and blessings..
There is one other thing of importance, especially important to males, but I wont go there.

Father's day began with a nice breakfast of Tinapa. This is smoked milkfish and sarap ng sarap. Amazed that it isnt more bony.




Both my daughter and wife had handmade father's day cards for this big bundle of trouble. Our daughter is 7 and computer literate and internet savvy. I wonder where she googled the words for her card.
The precious Filipina wife said not to post hers, but she wrote on facebook, "To my ever dearest hubby. Thank you for everything. I could not let this day go by without saying how much you mean to me.You are the greatest husband in the whole world. My soul mate. I hope and pray that we can be together forever..." My skin shade has changed dramatically since reading that. Blush, blush, mo.

And then came lunch: The BBQ sticks, the Tilapia, pancit and mango salad... Then she produced the cheese cake, WOW!

Everything is self explanatory, except that mango salad. Filipinos love mangoes, even we "self declared Filipinos". The green mango sow-sow in that shrimp paste (alaman) and this salad. The salad is semi-ripe mangoes with cebuyas (onion), and kamatis (tomatoes) and off course alaman. SARAP!
And Mr. CHEESECAKE, not homemade, not super fancy, but super delicious. What more could I ask for? A plan to escape to relocate to Baguio? As dem sey, inna Jamaica, "Soon com mon"!




2 comments:

  1. I love the food that was served! I can taste the cheese cake from here... *grins*
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a great meal there that I am sure you enjoyed. The fish looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete